What is the Value of My Jewellery?
Are you asking yourself ‘What is the value of my jewellery’? The answer can be found through weighing up these factors: jewellery type, materials used, craftsmanship and the condition your piece is in. If you’re looking to sell second hand jewellery, but are unsure how to calculate worth, here are our tips:
How to estimate the value of your jewellery:
- Identify the type of jewellery. Is it a necklace, bracelet, ring, or earrings? Is it made of gold, silver, platinum, or another metal? Is it set with diamonds, gemstones, or other precious stones?
- Consider the craftsmanship. Is the jewellery well-made? Is it in good condition? Are there any signs of wear and tear?
- Research the current market value of similar jewellery. You can do this by looking at online auction sites, jewellery trade magazines, or by visiting a trusted jeweller.
Once you’ve estimated the value of your jewellery, you can start to consider your options for selling it.
There are a number of ways to sell second hand jewellery, including:
- Pawnbrokers. Pawn shops take a percentage of the sale price, but they can be an okay option if you’re not sure how to sell your jewellery yourself.
- Online auction sites. Online auction sites like eBay can be a great way to reach a wide audience, but it’s important to do your research and set a realistic price. With any unverified online buyers, there’s a higher level of risk in regards to scamming.
- Trusted jewellers. Trusted jewellers will be able to give you an accurate appraisal, with all factors taken into consideration, and offer you a fair price for your jewellery.
If you’re thinking of selling your jewellery, it’s important to choose a reputable buyer. Trusted jewellers will have the necessary experience and expertise to assess the value of your jewellery and offer you a fair price.
They also have the resources to ensure that your jewellery is sold in a safe and secure manner.
Why sell second hand jewellery to trusted jewellers?
There are a number of reasons why you should sell second hand jewellery to trusted jewellers. Here are a few of the benefits:
- You’ll get a fair price. Trusted jewellers will be able to give you an accurate appraisal of the value of your jewellery.
- You’ll be helping the environment. Selling your jewellery to a trusted jeweller means that it will be recycled or resold, which helps to reduce the environmental impact of jewellery production.
- You’ll be supporting a local business. By selling your jewellery to a trusted jeweller, you’re supporting a local business and helping to sustain and create jobs in your community.
Sell second hand jewellery with Northumberland Goldsmiths
We are proud to offer the best cash for gold prices possible. Here at Northumberland Goldsmiths, we have over 35 years experience in the precious metals industry. So, you can trust us with all things jewellery- including selling second hand pieces.
Visit our shop in Blyth, Northumberland to receive your quote today!
Sign up for our latest news & offers
Subscribe to receive updates, access to exclusive deals, and more.